Having healthy and flawlessly beautiful skin is every girl’s dream. However, the truth is far from our dreams. A lot of women complain about acne, blemishes, dark spots, early aging and other skin problems. While many of us might not have any major issue with our skin, our problem is that it’s not all that great either and lacks that ‘glow’ we desire. What a lot of us would like is to have a skin that is radiant and clear.
The ‘glow’ that we are talking about is the result of a combination of factors. A glowing skin is devoid of any marks, has a smooth texture, small pores and no blotches or discolorations.
The Quest for Envious Skin
The first and the most important thing to do when on a quest for an envious skin, is to have a good look at your diet and exercise routine. Yes, there are no shortcuts to looking great. Your outside beauty depends a lot on your inner health, which is why adopting a healthy lifestyle is the way to go.
That being said, amazing skin is also the result of how you take care of it externally. A good cleansing routine, protection from sun etc. are some points which cannot be over looked. A common misconception is that if you want to have a wonderful skin, you have to shell out money on a host of expensive products. You’re lucky if you can afford to do that but what if you can’t? You need not worry, for there are some cheap, effective and natural ways to take care of your skin.
Natural Face Masks:
- Egg face pack with an egg yolk, honey and milk powder, is great for dry skin.
- Egg face pack with egg white and lemon juice benefits oily skin.
- Make a cleansing mask with equal quantities of cucumber juice and oatmeal.
- Mashed strawberries make a great cleansing mask.
- A carrot mask made with the juice of half a carrot and a little bit of honey is great for sensitive skin.
Say Bye to Blemishes
- Scars on the face can be gradually reduced by the application of carrot and orange juice added to a cup of milk.
- Half teaspoon of olive oil mixed with a quarter teaspoon of lemon juice should be applied on blemishes. To be washed off after 15 minutes.
- Add a little rose water to grind mint leaves and apply overnight.
- Grated raw papaya can be applied on a blemished skin for good results.
- Apply warm honey on blackhead affected areas after a facial steam. Rinse after 15 minutes.
- Rubbing oatmeal paste on face is said to remove blackheads. It should be left to dry for 15 minutes before you wash it off.
- Cleansing the face with raw milk helps to get rid of blackheads. After cleansing, gently rub a coarse cloth dipped in milk on the affected areas.
- Rubbing the skin with orange peel or potato is beneficial for treating pimples.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice, glycerine and rose water and apply on the face every night before retiring to bed. It prevents pimples and keeps the skin glowing.
- Sandalwood paste mixed with cucumber juice helps in preventing pimples.
- Another good way to discourage pimple growth is to wash the face with raw milk before going to bed.
- A fine paste made of cinnamon powder added to lime juice can be applied on pimples.
- Rose water mixed with lemon juice should be applied on the tanned skin before going to sleep.
- Buttermilk is great for removing suntan. Apply it on the affected areas with the help of a cotton pad.
- Whey can be used on sun burnt skin for relief.
- Yoghurt mixed with honey is an effective remedy for sunburn.
General Skin Care:
- Fruit pulps of papaya and over ripe bananas can be applied on the face for a glowing skin.
- For a healthy and radiant skin, apply a mixture of egg yolk and almond oil.
- Yogurt and honey mixed together benefits dry skin.
- Olive oil or almond oil massaged on the face before retiring to bed is great for dry skin.
- Lemon rind can be rubbed on the face by those with an oily skin. This lessens grease and helps bring a glow to your complexion.
- Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your face for toning and whitening the skin. It also refines pores.
- Skin Deep- An Inside Approach To Looking Good Naturally by Aparna Santhanam
- Secret Tips to Ultimate Beautyby Vijaya Kumar
[box type="blue"]The article has been contributed by Aishwarya Vohra for Escentual.com, a site with quality products from brands like Dior and Clarins. Aishwarya is a freelance writer, who writes about healthy living and taking care of your body naturally.[/box]