Green Tea Benefits Your Brain Cells
Getting old stinks.
- You develop a litany of aches & pains
- Your hearing & eyesight start to fail you
- You get weaker, slower & fatter
And perhaps worst of all…we all become susceptible to age-related cognitive decline…with some of us developing dementia / Alzheimer’s.
Fortunately for us, researchers have recently discovered that an organic chemical in green tea (EGCG - epigallocatechin-3 gallate) “boosts the production of neural progenitor cells, which like stem cells can adapt, or differentiate, into various types of cells”.
To test this production of new brain cells, the researchers set up some lab tests designed to test the function of the hippocampus – the part of the brain which processes information from short-term to long-term memory.
After running the lab rats through their paces, the researchers were able to conclude that EGCG enhances learning and memory by improving object recognition and spatial memory.
Which is great news for our rapidly aging population.
- Tests on humans to determine how different doses of EGCG affect degenerative diseases and memory loss.”
What Can I Do NOW?!!!
- Drink a couple of mugs of green tea every day… I like mine with a splash of lemon.