Healthy and Easy Lentil Soup Recipe
This is a very easy lentil soup that wouldn’t take up much of your time, thus giving you the time to do all the other things that needs to be done or even better gives you more time to spend with the family.
This recipe should be enough for 4 persons, or two if you are really hungry.
Ingredients for Lentil Soup Recipe
- 100 g of green lenses
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 1 Small / medium plain. onion
- 1 Small / medium red onion
- 2 Chopped cloves garlic (you can easily use more if you want it)
- 1 Chopped red chili without the seeds.(or as much as you want)
- 2 Cans of peeled tomatoes, preferably with basil and oregano (do not you use just plain and spiced soup with basil and oregano)
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ Chicken bouillon cube
- 2 ½ cups. water
- A little oil
- Sauté onion, chili and garlic in a saucepan.
- Come lentils and carrots and let it Sauté a little also.
- Put the peeled tomatoes and water in saucepan and simmer for 40 to 45 min.
Serve it with some cheese and a piece of whole-wheat bread.
If you want the meat to the soup, then you can slice some turkey bacon into small strips and Sauté it in pan before you start making the dish. When it’s Sautéed put it on a piece of kitchen tissue so it can remove some of the fat from it, then when you serve the dish sprinkle some of the bacon on top with the cheese.
NB: you can if you want change from red onion with a normal onion, but personally I like the colors it offers, as well as the taste of onion.
One of the good qualities with lentils it that they will make you feel full for a long time, thus making you eat less later on it the day cutting down the number of calories you will eat.