IPL Treatment Reduces Rosacea Dramatically
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic irritation of the skin with several dissimilar sub types:
- Erythematous — cheeks are red all the time or become red easily
- General — propensity to make knocks and pustules, includes perioral dermatitis
- Rhinohymatous — lumpy nose, almost exclusively seen in men
- Ocular — touches the eyelids
According to the pulse light clinic – symptoms include:
- Soreness on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead
- Small visible blood vessels on the face
- Bumps or pimples on the face
- Soggy or irritated eyes
Sadly, according to the pulse light clinic, there are no known causes of rosacea.
Frequently used medical intrusions including topical and tablet antibiotics, steroid ointments can sometimes prove to be ineffective for patients having rosacea.
That’s why this author believes that the best option for Rosacea Treatment is to opt for the light/laser treatments.These treatments fight the cause and the symptoms.
Laser treatments for rosacea
Vbeam laser treatments offer permanent results and are quite safe as far as risks and dangers are concerned.
You may require numerous treatments before you are completely free of the symptoms of this disease. If you combine laser treatment with the prodigious use of sunscreen, you can get several years of freedom before needing a follow-up laser treatment.
Sunscreen is a Must for Rosacea Patients
For Rosacea patients, doctors usually recommend to avoid maximum exposure of the sunlight. It is said by doctors that after rosacea the skin becomes more sensitive, so patients must take care of their skin if they are having rosecea.
The Pulse Light Clinic recommends SPF 30 in the winter and SPF 50 in the summer.