Lifestyle Hacks to Burn Belly Fat
Burning belly fat for good is a matter of following the right training-diet approach for the long haul. For the training side, running is the best exercise approach. Not only will running help you fight off belly fat, it’ll also improve your sex drive, boost endurance level, and enhance your overall well-being and health levels. Furthermore, running is very convenient; you won’t need any special training equipments or paying expensive gym fees. All you need is decent running shoes and off you go.
On the other side, to get maximum results, you need to back off your running program with the right diet for reducing belly fat. Indulging in junk food as a way to reward yourself for the hard efforts on the running track is a sure way to encounter weight loss plateaus or even pile on more pounds.
As a result, here are 2 practical training tips that can help get rid of belly fat in the shortest time frame possible.
Do Interval Running
One of the biggest mistakes runners make, beginners or not, is sticking to the same running pace and distance while hoping to get better results. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Don’t get me wrong, a long running session at a steady pace has its benefits, but when it comes to fighting off belly fat, interval running is more effective at the job.
According to many studies, interval running is ideal for shedding body fat (thus stomach fat) in the shortest time possible. Interval running boosts metabolism levels (meaning your burn off more calories throughout the day), build muscle mass (thus you add definition to your body, especially your core muscles), and enhances speed and fitness levels.
Yet, if you’re new comer to this sport, you need to be extremely wary. Opting for interval running without first building a basic cardio level and good running mechanics can lead to injuries and a myriad of health problems.
Try this interval workout and adjust the length of each interval to your own needs and fitness level:
- Start with a 10-minute slow jog for warm-up.
- Increase your running pace to 80% of your maximum cardio power for one full minute. Take a jogging break for another full minute to allow for recovery and rejuvenation.
- Repeat the pattern 8-9 times.
- Conclude the session with a cool-down. Jog slowly for 5 minutes and stretch gently your lower back and legs.
Get the Right Diet
No amount of interval running sessions will help you get rid of belly fat for good if you don’t you fail to address your eating habit. In fact, diet is the foundation of any weight loss resolution.
As a result, here are 3 eating guidelines that can help:
- Eat the right carbohydrate. Carbs have a bad reputation but you shouldn’t cut them off entirely from your menu as they are the main source of energy during the run. Instead, make sure to take the right choices. Steer clear of refined floors such as past, white bread, soda, sugar-filled snack or any other food that spiked blood sugar levels. Make sure to eat plenty of vegetables and limit your fruit intake.
- Eat carbohydrates at the right times. The best time to eat carbs is in the 2-3 hours prior to a workout, and immediately afterwards. During these times, the body is more primed to sock away carbs as glycogen instead of fat. Never eat carbs at night.
- Eat protein with every meal. Doing so will help you keep hunger levels at bay so you prevent overeating and binging afterwards. Protein is also essential for recovery and rebuilding muscle tissues.
To get the most out of your new resolution, you need to put into action what you’ve just learned. But is this not a call to overtrain—this is especially true if you’re new comer to the sport of running. Therefore, to stay injury-free, you need to keep a keen eye on your body both during and after the workouts, and adjust your trading approach accordingly.
About the author
David DACK is a runner and an established author on weight loss, motivation and fitness.
If you want more free tips from David DACK, then go to http://runnersblueprint.com/weightlossrunning.html and for a limited time you can download his 35-Pages “Weight Loss By Running” eBook for FREE.
If you really want to Lose Weight fast and forever, this is a proven step-by-step technique that can help. You can lose up to 5 pounds each week by just following this simple report. So what are you waiting for? Click Here Now!