Most men will experience premature ejaculation at some time in their life. This is generally not a persistent problem for most men when it does occur. Premature ejaculation (PE) becomes a chronic problem when the condition happens more frequently, happens every time the male engages in sexual intercourse, or a male finds that he can achieve a normal ejaculation during self pleasure, but not with a partner.
There are several natural remedies for early ejaculation that do not require the use of medication, such as Viagra. or even seeking the help of a sex therapist. This article will discuss six ways to prevent premature ejaculation naturally.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is not erectile dysfunction. PE is a condition where the male achieves an erection suitable for sexual intercourse, but becomes sexually aroused to the point of ejaculation very quickly, usually within 30 seconds to two minutes of beginning sexual intercourse, and finishes before his partner achieves orgasm. When men seek a treatment for premature ejaculation they need to resolve the psychosomatic causes of this condition. PE affects 25%-40% of men in the United States. This is due to the nerves of the penis becoming stimulated too rapidly and causing quick ejaculation. Erectile dysfunction, on the other hand, is a medical or mental condition in which the male is unable to achieve or maintain an erection suitable for sexual intercourse.
Factors That Can Cause Premature Ejaculation in Men
There are several factors that can lead to rapid ejaculation. While ED has a medical component, such as heart disease or diabetes, premature ejaculation is rarely caused by a medical condition, but rather the causes of early ejaculation are generally due to a psychosomatic condition. The causes of PE range from sexual immaturity, performance anxiety of being in a new sexual relationship, stress, anxiety or even depression.
Six Ways to Prevent Premature Ejaculation
- Foreplay. Foreplay is a tantric sexual experience involving touching, massaging, caressing and practicing breathing techniques without sexual intercourse. Foreplay is a way to slowly elevate the blood pressure and excitement of the male and female. This is important as men can become sexually aroused very quickly, while women require more time to become sufficiently sexually aroused, usually 20 – 30 minutes. When men practice foreplay with their partner they learn to control excitement and stimulation by focusing on their partner, and with practice can prolong the time before ejaculation.
- Pelvic Muscle Exercises. Squeeze like you are trying to hold in pee. That’s your pelvic muscle. Exercises to strengthen the PC muscle can prevent premature ejaculation by holding back the flow of semen when the muscle is flexed. Pelvic muscle exercises are also good for erectile dysfunction. Tightening the pelvic muscle can prevent blood from escaping from the chambers of the penis, thus prolonging the erection.
- Using a condom. Using a condom during sexual intercourse can prevent PE due to less friction during thrusting, which prevents the nerves in the head of the penis from becoming over stimulated too quickly and causing quick ejaculation.
- Desensitizing Cream. Putting a desensitizing cream on the head and shaft of the penis prior to sexual intercourse can prevent premature ejaculation. The cream slightly numbs the penis and thus allows the nerves to become stimulated more slowly, allowing more time before ejaculation.
- Natural Male Supplement. Some men find that taking a natural male supplement that reduces stress and anxiety can help prevent premature ejaculation. There are not really any good natural medications that claim to cure PE, since premature ejaculation is due to a mental issue, and not a medical condition. The key is to find a natural remedy to relieve stress and anxiety, while improving mental sharpness
- 6) Relaxation. Premature ejaculation can be due to stress and anxiety. Practicing relaxation techniques, such as taking several slow deep breathes in through the nose and out the mouth slowly can be very relaxing and calming. Meditation is also a good way to clear the mind of the fear and worry of performance anxiety that can cause premature ejaculation.
While premature ejaculation can be a very frustrating condition for a male and his partner, this is not a dangerous or life-threatening condition. A treatment to overcome premature ejaculation will help the man learn to relax, calm stress and relieve performance anxiety. If the PE is due to depression, working with a therapist may be helpful.
The good news is that there are several natural treatments for premature ejaculation that will help a male regain his confidence and enjoy a healthy sexual relationship with his partner.