The importance of leading a healthy lifestyle is immense. You can recognize its reflection in your daily activities. Youâ€™ll feel fresh when you wake up in the morning after a sound 8-hour sleep. After a healthy breakfast, a rush of energy will prepare you for the challenges at work. After successfully handling the work assignments, youâ€™ll be ready to spend some happy hours with your family. All these are a part of a healthy lifestyle.
In the following, youâ€™ll explore twenty simple tips that may help you to stay fit both physically and mentally.
- Sleep soundly and sip healthy â€“ After a hard dayâ€™s end, your body needs rest. An 8-hour sleep can ensure that. Sleep helps to relax the nerves and energize the muscles and when you wake up, youâ€™ll feel energetic and bright, and also have a positive outlook.
Start your day by sipping something healthy and herbal. How about a cup of oolong tea? If you ask why this wu long tea (as it is also known as), it is important to make you familiar with its multiple health benefits.
- Helps in weight loss
- Combats skin aging
- Prevents heart disease and cancer
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay
- Drives away stress and strain
- Treats skin problems like itching, rashes and eczema
- Lowers blood sugar levels
Arenâ€™t these enough to turn to oolong tea from tomorrow onwards?
- Add ginger to your daily diet â€“ If you want nasal and chest congestion never put you in trouble, you better not underestimate the usefulness of ginger. Ginger consists of volatile oils that contribute to prevent nasal problems and heart disease. Peel and grate a 1-inch piece of ginger and add it to two cups of boiling water. Steep it for 10 minutes and then, strain. You may also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the ginger water for taste. Relish this healthy and tasty herbal drink.
- Walk for 30 minutesâ€“ Youâ€™re not interested in doing free-hand exercises and yoga in the morning. So, whatâ€™s the other way to be physically active at the start of the day? Taking a walk for at least, 30 minutes is a good idea. Itâ€™s more effective than having a cup of coffee or a power nap. It helps to fight fatigue and stress. Make sure that you wear a good pair of sneakers. Then only, youâ€™ll be able to enjoy walking to the fullest in the cool and soothing breeze of early morning.
- Go for â€˜bread and bilberry jamâ€™ instead of â€˜bread and butterâ€™ -Â You love to eat bread and butter in the breakfast. But, youâ€™ll love to have bilberry jam instead of butter with bread when you get to know that bilberry keeps eyes healthy and improves night vision.
- Inhale the scent of rosemary â€“ Rosemary is an aromatic herb having a number of benefits and one of them is increasing mental alertness and sharpness. Smelling the beautiful scent of rosemary essential oil is one of the easiest and most effectual ways of staying sharp.
- Combat the craving for sugar with bitters â€“ Excessive consumption of sugar invites a lot of health problems like high blood sugar levels and obesity. Combat your temptation for sweets by eating foods like olives, cooked greens, radicchio and endive. Controlling the yen for sugar with bitter foods is an effective method.
- Eat fish â€“ Do you suffer from dry eyes? Then, you need to increase your seafood consumption. Salmon, mackerel and sardines are high in omega-3 fatty acid content. Your body needs omega-3 fatty acids to produce tears. As research and studies show, those who consume these fatty acids in higher amounts have lower chances of suffering from dry eyes.
- Eat oranges and bananas â€“ A potassium-rich diet is a step to heart-healthy life. Fruits like oranges, bananas and cantaloupe are high in potassium content.
- Have probiotic foods and drinks â€“ Women suffer from yeast infections and probiotic drinks and foods are really helpful in keeping them at bay. Naturally fermented kimchi, kefir and sauerkraut and also, yogurt; these contain good bacteria that help to fight yeast infections.
- Benefit from lavender – Â Lavender is an instant stress-buster. Use a few drops of lavender essential oil while taking a hot bath. Soak in the hot scented water and experience how it soothes your body and mind. Lavender also, helps to prevent sleeplessness. Pour two to three drops of the essential oil on a clean cotton cloth and take the aroma before retiring to bed.
Freshness, energy, happiness and fun are related to a hale and hearty life. On the other hand, lethargy, stress and depression are the dangerous consequences of a leading a poor lifestyle. If you want to keep yourself at bay from these â€˜aftermathsâ€™, itâ€™s you who need to be determined to shed all harmful habits and embrace the good ones.