Coffee is really a wonderful drink with exciting health benefits. After many years of study, it is looking like coffee is more beneficial than tea in many instances. People think that they have to cut out coffee due to caffeine, but few realize that it actually helps you body daily in many ways.
Consumers can relate with a cup a Joe in the mornings, but those do not partake may want to have a look at the studies below as they may be missing out on the bigger picture of what caffeine and coffee can do for your overall health.
Potential Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- Coffee consumption has been associated with a lower stroke risk.Â A recent meta-analysis published in the American Journal of Epidemiology found that the strongest association was for those who consume between 3-4 cups per day who had a 17% lower risk .
- Increases memory function.Â Current research studies show that the caffeine in coffee improves cognitive memory and relational thought processes. Focus and mental clarity are also improved for about 2 hours past consumption. 2 cups a day is optimum for this.
- Increases regularity.Â Coffee is a natural body function accelerant for a quite a few reasons, the main one being regular in bowels movements. Warm liquids start the bodyâ€™s functions when you have that first cup when you start to increase liquid consumption levels in your body. Remaining hydrated is the main way to prevent daily constipation. Coffee has powerful stimulants which encourage muscle movements to contract in the digestive tract forcing waste to move on down the road. It is one thing that people with IBM are told to try first.
- May Lessen risk of overall disease. Strong antioxidants in just one cup coffee have been shown to lessen the inherent risks of heart disease in men and women, Type I and Type II diabetes, certain cell cancers, and Parkinsonâ€™s disease . Coffee can help relieve asthma  by opening airways and prevent cavities  by working with your body to product natural bacteriacidal compounds.
- Increases overall stamina and endurance. Marathoners take note. Current Studies show with drinking one cup of coffee before working out or running, can increase endurance and help stamina by about 40%. Â Coffee Lessens muscle pain. Coffee drinkers that have a cup of coffee an hour before a working out can avoid post-workout tenderness, while shortening the after effects.Â Taking one stimulant pill equal to 2 cups of coffee in caffeine consumption can have the same effects as drinking your caffeine.
Although coffee consumption is at an all time high and health benefits are there (with tea too!), it isn’t a magical beverage in any way. Caffeine is listed and considered a drug by the government and should be treated as such.Â Over consumption can elevate blood pressure, add very irregular sleep issues, migraine and tension headaches, and endocrine and digestive problems. Stick with 300 milligrams of caffeinated drinks in the span of a day (average adult).
The post is contributed by Davis Miller, he is a nutrition expert who eats vigilantly and advises the same to others. Visit his site, Body Building Muscle (build muscle) for more health and fitness tips.
- Larsson SC, Orsini N.Â Coffee consumption and risk of stroke: a dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies.Â Am J Epidemiol. 2011 Nov 1;174(9):993-1001. Epub 2011 Sep 13.
Wirdefeldt K, Adami HO, Cole P, Trichopoulos D, Mandel J.Â Epidemiology and etiology of Parkinson’s disease: a review of the evidence.Â Eur J Epidemiol. 2011 Jun;26 Suppl 1:S1-58. Epub 2011 May 28.
Welsh EJ, Bara A, Barley E, Cates CJ.Â Caffeine for asthma.Â Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Jan 20;(1):CD001112.
Stauder M, Papetti A, Mascherpa D, Schito AM, Gazzani G, Pruzzo C, Daglia M.Â Antiadhesion and antibiofilm activities of high molecular weight coffee components against Streptococcus mutans.Â J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Nov 24;58(22):11662-6. Epub 2010 Nov 1.