Not having enough time and feelings of low energy are the main causes that people use for not regularly attending the gym or doing sports.
The issue here is that while these people donâ€™t seem to be able to find the time, they do desire to be thinner and healthier but lack the drive and direction to actually start taking the steps to achieve it.
Losing weight is an achievable thing for anyone to be able to do despite what some people may think. It is true that some people can shift weight faster than others but with determination and the right advice you can achieve any physical goal you want.
Seven good tips to achieve a significant weight loss:
1. Eat Healthy
The diet is the key to starting all this weight loss work because you can exercise every day, but if you are eating the wrong foods the weight will not change much. Eat healthily three times a day and try to include salad and some lean meats in your diet.Â Remember, calories count, so the basic formula of calories in / calories out still applies.Â Weight loss means achieving a net calorie deficit!
- Bonus Tip: Â for quick weight loss try combining a whole food vegetarian diet with whey protein shakes to maintain your protein reserves.
Snacking has to go but to get in the habit of not eating junk food, you need to empty the cupboards and bin it all. If the urge to snack is quite high you need to replace it with something such as cups ofÂ green tea, vegetables, or fruit.
- Vegetables are an excellent choice since they’re filling, high in nutrients and fiber while being very low in actual calories.
3. Working out?
You do not need to workout every day but at least be active and that means going for a walk for thirty minutes with the kids, on your own or with the dogs. You need to break the habits of getting in from work and just watching the tv and then eating dinner.Â To be successful in actually losing weight, you need a sustained workout program ideally including 1 hr/day up to 7 days per week.
- You can’t lose weight by sitting on the couch watching television. Â You need to keep moving or start moving in some cases. Â The best workout is the one you actually do on a regular basis.
4. Workout Intensity
When you do go to the gym, you need to workout intensely to shift weight quicker and so that means lots of cardio. Try and mix it up so do twenty minutes on the treadmill, then the bike and then the cross trainer. This way you will get one hour of good cardio all over your body which is ideal for weight loss.
- Studies suggest that the percentage of body fat that you burn increases dramatically after the first 25 minutes of exercising–this means that you’re better off doing longer duration / less frequent cardio workouts than daily / short-duration workouts.
5. Keeping it fun?
One of the main reasons people fail to achieve sustained weight loss is that they fail to maintain their workouts largely due to boredom.Â Try and keep it fun and original so at least once a week train in a different way such as skipping, boxing, outdoor running, outdoor biking or swimming, This way it can keep your workouts new and interesting while managing to workout different muscles.
6. Resistance Training
Most fitness experts agree that combining cardio with resistance training is the optimal method to achieve sustained weight loss.Â Just because you are losing weight which in reality largely means losing fat, it doesnâ€™t mean you canâ€™t use weight to bulk up your upper muscle mass with resistance training workouts three days per week.Â Use the free weights and bench press to improve the upper body and if you want a health supplement to try to help give your muscles more energy, creatine tablets have had some good reviews on their effectiveness in this area.
Have small targets every two weeks instead of one big weight loss target as it makes it all seem much more achievable.Â Losing weight on a sustainable basis requires an enormous amount of motivation.
- By setting small and achievable weight loss goals, you’ll experience early success which should help motivate you to keep going!
For those interested in trying weight loss supplements, you may want to consider:
- Green Coffee Bean Extract – One of the most promising weight loss supplements with more details available here, here, and here.
- Raspberry Ketone – Dr Oz’s widely touted supplement.Â No data in humans–yet.Â More about RK here, here, and here.
- Cayenne Pepper – MoreÂ info about this supplement here and here.