For some people it can come quite naturally, but for others they need to work on it pretty hard to begin to see improvements. Unless you’re a walking monkey, the old adage was that you would have to put on roughly 10 lbs of lean muscle mass to increase your bicep size by an inch.Â Of course, this adage assumes that you’re training you entire body–not just your arms themselves.
If you have a manual job such as in the building industry or bricklaying industry then these types of issues are not as common because you can get very fit from constantly lifting bricks and supplies all day in the working week. However for many people who have office and computer jobs, achieving big biceps and desirable arms is a challenge and to be able to overcome this you need to attend a gym a few times each week.
Tips for Bigger Biceps Fast
Like with all things in life some things do come easy to some people than others and in terms of defined arms that can just be a natural genetic trait that a person picks up from their parents. For everyone else it is down to hard work and determination to achieve the desired goal. Outlined below are a few good tips that you can use to improve your biceps.
- The key to developing good biceps is good technique when lifting free weights and the best advice on this is to have a gym instructor at your gym show you the correct method and then they will be able to help you adjust accordingly.
- Another good point is to not start on too heavier weight as you will not be able to do many reps. Start on a lower weight for a week and build up slowly in weight until you are on heavy weights. Doing it this way is a good way to not pick up injuries as your arms will gradually get strong rather than being pushed too hard to fast.
- It is a good idea to have some good variety in your exercises so that you are working all the arm muscles. A good additional workout is to do chin ups; push ups and also doing some high intensity rounds on the punch bag can work very well in terms of definition.
- To successfully quickly build muscle on the arms up you need to have high amounts of protein and so good foods such as eggs and lean meats are ideal for this. Also you can utilise the supplement Creatine as this can help increase your protein levels a lot.
- Like any goal in the gym it is about determination and putting the work in.Â You need to be attending the gym at least three times a week to start giving your arms the right amount of exercise.
- To make your cephalic vein ‘pop,’ you need to have a body fat percentage under 15% as a general rule. Â The cephalic vein crosses the biceps muscle.
- Many of us already know, but your triceps make up roughly 2/3 of your arm size, so if you want bigger arms it’s important to train your triceps too.
- Supplementation with Whey Protein can help you ensure that you’re getting enough protein in your diet to achieve an anabolic state.
- Once you’ve been working out regularly, most people find that integrating one-rep max training can help them overcome plateaus in gaining strength.
Achieving bigger muscles all comes down to getting out what you put in so it is essential that you have a schedule and stick to it. If you follow the advice above it will stand you in good stead to be able to achieve bigger biceps.