Beautiful, healthy looking skin is a priority at any age, but to maintain this glowing skin as you age, you have to adapt your beauty routine to meet the changing demands of aging skin. There are many products available to help keep aging-skin moist and fresh-looking, and there are also many things that can be done at home to protect the skin. Here are 10 tips to fight the signs of aging and continue showing off young-looking, wrinkle-free skin.
1. Cleanse. Use gentle gels and soaps as part of your beauty regimen. You should wash your face with a solution specifically designed for aging-skin every day. You should also make sure to remove all traces of make-up every night as part of your routine.
2. Moisturize. Using an anti-aging moisturizer, whether a professional product or a homemade one is vital in protecting aging skin. One of the signs of aging skins is dry skin that can result in wrinkles. Moisturizing daily, both in the morning and at night, keeps the skin supple and the wrinkles away.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliating promotes new skin growth as it removes dead skin cells, unwanted oils and other harmful debris from the skin. Wrinkles fade somewhat when new skin emerges, and the new skin is softer and smoother.
4. Eat a healthy, balanced diet. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables as well as fiber promotes healthy skin by providing essential nutrients and helping the body to eliminate toxins that can negatively affect the skin.
5. Hydrate. Water is essential to life, and it is definitely essential to young-looking, healthy skin. Drinking a lot of water keeps the skin fresh and rosy as well as clean, since water helps with the elimination of toxins from the body.
6. Get a lot of Vitamin C. This vitamin has anti-aging properties that help the skin remain moist and keep the unwanted wrinkles and deep lines away. It also stimulates collagen production and provides elasticity to the skin.
7. Donâ€™t smoke. Smoking is bad for your health and that includes skin-health. Smoking saps the body of vitamin C and its anti-aging powers. It also dries out the skin, causing it to develop more wrinkles and lines.
8. Use natural products. Choose skin care products made from natural ingredients instead of artificial chemicals. The products should also preferably be geared toward caring for and protecting aging skin. Products containing AHA, or alpha hydroxy acid, are especially beneficial to help care for aging skin since they assist with the exfoliation of the top layer of skin and help to unblock and keep pores clean.
9. Protect your skin from the sun. Use products that contain SPF to protect from the sunâ€™s harmful UV rays and prevent the skin from looking damaged. Limiting sun time will help to keep skin from being overexposed to these rays, which can cause sunspots, dry skin and wrinkles.
10. Exercise. Exercise benefits overall health and helps to maintain skin looking healthy, glowing and youthful, by increasing metabolism and toning muscle. There are specific exercises that can be done to strengthen facial muscles and keep the skin in the face taut.