Many of the health benefits associated with Aloe Vera have been attributed to the polysaccharides contained in the gel of the leaves. These benefits include:
- promotion of wound healing,
- anti-fungal activity,
- hypoglycemic or antidiabetic effects
- anti-inflammatory effects,
- anti-cancer effects,
- immunomodulatory effects, and
- gastroprotective properties
To that list, we can now add an anti-obesity effect.
According to thisÂ study, an aloe vera supplement was able to:
- lower blood sugar levels
- lower insulin levels
- suppress levels of obesity-induced inflammation found in adipose tissue and the liver, and
- increase levels of anti-inflammatory cytokines inÂ adipose tissue and the liver
As a result, the researchers are all atwitter about the potential use of Aloe Vera as a treatment for Type 2 Diabetes and obesity related inflammation.