Attention Parents: Your Kids Are Going to Die before You Do…
…and it’s all your fault!
- Experts have stated that for the first time in history, inactivity is likely to cause this generation of youth to die younger than their parents.
- Childhood obesity is increasing year after year.
- One year olds are being diagnosed as obese.
- Pre-teens are showing signs of hip degeneration due to their obesity
- And to make things worse, the kids think everything is okay. According to a new survey, 70 % of Canadian teenagers believe they will have the same or longer lifespan than their parents.
- And only 12 per cent are getting the recommended minimum of 90 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity per day.
It sounds like it’s time for the parents to do some parenting.
- The state isn’t going to do it for you.
- And big business doesn’t care about your kids….as long as they keep buying their crappy food & playing their mind-numbing video games.
Your kids don’t need another friend.
They need a diet heavy on the vegetables and a kick in the butt.
Thus endeth the rant.
9 thoughts on “Attention Parents: Your Kids Are Going to Die before You Do…”
This is a timely post because I feel parents & “society” have let kids down tremendously.
I really can’t believe that most parents allow their children to eat all the junk food they want. I’ve seen a few kids featured on TV which are around 2-3 times my own weight & can’t even walk on their own. They just roll over to where they want to go! Its really a sad sight to see. Even if parents should be very busy with work, its still their responsibility to take care of their kids and making sure that their kids learn to eat healthy foods that are just the right portions is part of that.
Leading by example is our job as parents coaches and teachers. Leading a lifestyle of health and fitness should be a priority when it comes to children.
Child obesity is definitely increasing at a faster rate. But I think parents cant solve this problem because when their child asks them something they aren’t able to resist. The government is allowing the rapid growth of companies that sell junk food stuff and finally the gov says child obesity should be controlled. Only solution is regular exercise. Schools should definitely have atleast one hour for sports everyday. I think only that can bring down this problem.
“But I think parents cant solve this problem because when their child asks them something they arenâ€™t able to resist”.
Hmmmmm…maybe that’s the problem
I have several kids, youngest are 13 yo twins. The word no will not kill them — letting kids eat all that crap will.
My kids love veg, fruits, salads, and healthy things. It didn’t happen by default. Sometimes you have to say no. I do allow treats. Today they went for ice cream after working in the garden.
Not just food though. I kick em outside to ride bikes, play, work in garden, shoot hoops, play tennis @ park, etc.
We can’t blame the companies who make the crap. we have to blame the people who buy it for their kids…
As a parent its not my job to be my childs friend. Saying “no” is the best thing i can do for them. Teaching my young child to make the right choices, in all phases of her life, is my job. This includes what to and not to eat.
REALLY? Who’s the adult? Step up & be the parent your child needs & lead by example! “You can’t say NO to your child’s? Really!?” Don ‘t put your responsibility on food makers or schools. Yes I agree gym should be offered everyday too but you need to be the parent not your child’s friend right now – their LIFE depends on it!
I’m a parent and this article really reminds me to do something when it comes to my childs eating habit. I give them anything as long as it give pleasures whether it’s healthy or not. thanks for the info