Want to write for us? Continue reading to find out what it’s all about….
How to Get Started:
Hive Health Media is a source of health news (Google News source) as well as fitness and nutrition tips from hundreds of guest authors. Our aim is to promote healthy lifestyle choices as well as uh motivation to get you off that couch.
In order to maintain a good, steady supply of up-to-date information, we are happy to publish original articles.
DO NOT submit content that has been previously published at another site including your own blog or that is plagiarized from another website. We do not publish DUPLICATE content.
We are particularly interested in articles from personal trainers, fitness experts, doctors, researchers, and health care professionals, as well as knowledgeable and passionate bloggers.
What type of topics are we interested in? We prioritize publication of health, nutrition, and fitness NEWS! You can find these topics under searches of Goolge News: i.e. click here
or our news stream: click here
Topics that we’re also interested include:
- Iphone / Android: health, fitness, nutrition, App reviews
- Fitness product reviews- i.e. Reebok Realflex running shoes, heart rate monitors, etc.
- Workout topics such as crossfit, tabata training, cycling, running, marathon training, etc.
- Nutrition topics: information about diet trends, vegan/vegetarian, paleo diet etc.
We DO NOT publish promotional content (i.e. press releases for your company), content unrelated to our niche, or boring content that’s written to get a few quick backlinks to your site.
How to Submit Guest Post?
- Register for an account here
- Add your FULL NAME * including your last name and fill out a short profile with your Bio info, feel free to add a link or two to your blog/site (use HTML).
- Once you’ve created your account, make sure to check your email box and follow all instructions.
- Visit Gravatar.com, having an image is a must in your profile (it’s recommended you use a personal photo)
- Write your post, save it and it will be reviewed and published ASAP.
- Best practices for link anchor text are REQUIRED. NO EXACT MATCH ANCHOR TEXT LINKS ALLOWED – see this post!, THIS POST AND THIS POST.
- Please remember to include an uploaded image in your post (500 px wide / centered)
- Don’t worry about adding tags or categories–we’ll take care of that for you.
*We require your FULL NAME. IF your full name is something like “Gastritis Blog,” perhaps your parents were very cruel. Either way, we don’t allow articles to be published under spammy keyword optimized usernames.
Tips for Contributing Authors:
If you’re going to submit an article to our site, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Don’t include more than 2 relevant links in your article submission. (one author bio link and one in content)
- We NO longer allow keyword optimized links (This isn’t 2010 anymore–reference google for Panda/Penguin updates. Really, keyword links are just bad SEO these days. You can use text for your domain name, “click here” or “see this post” etc…
- You can upload an image – please center it / 500 px wide.
- Again, there’s no need to worry about adding tags, or categories…
- Article lengths should be a minimum of 800 words.
- Formatting preferences include the use of H3 Title tags properly capitalized (i.e. How to Write a Blog Post).
- If your article mentions specific research studies, please include relevant references.
- We appreciate it if you respond to questions in the comment section of the post.
- Ensure that your article is well-written and devoid of grammatical or spelling errors.
- Also ensure that you write about an INTERESTING topic with INFORMATIVE.
We’re Here to Help…
Writing for our site can be a great way for you to gain exposure, increase your online presence, and improve your websites’ traffic and PageRank authority. Articles published on our site will help you gain exposure from our regular readers as well as our social media promotion.
Still Don’t Have a Clue?
No problem! We understand that this process can be potentially confusing.
To clarify some of this potential confusion, here’s an article that explains some further information.
Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming number of requests that we receive, we can no longer reply individually to all contributors with answers to questions such as: when your post will be published or if it’s been accepted.
However, we do have a notification system that will let you know when your article was published. If your article was moved to the trash pile, it’s for one of three common reasons: duplicate content, poor writing skills, or simply an uninformative article.
You can contact us at admin [at] hivehealthmedia.com with any pertinent questions.