If it is that time of the month, when you are moody, irritable and having cramps, then your family and friends should watch out. This is the time that heralds the arrival of your regular monthly visitor, who never fails to pay you a visit.
5 Tips to Help You Conquer PMS
- Be vigilant with what you eat â€“ PMS is caused due to hormonal fluctuations that also give you an urge to eat chips and chocolates, especially during the time when you have all adult halloween costumes and christmasy feel all around. Control your urges and resist this temptation and you will reap the benefits of the control you exercise. This is the time to stick to healthy foods and drink plenty of water. If the sugar levels in blood are normal, your urges can be controlled. Also, decrease your salt intake and reduce bloating.
- Go for a walk â€“ Whatever you do, your periods will not go away till they have finished their course. But you can improve your mood and deal with PMS symptoms with mild exercises. Walking is one of the best exercises that can help reduce bloating and cramps. These are the two dreaded symptoms PMS. Without them, your periods will be easier. You can also try to do some light and easy exercises like stretching and deep breathing. Yoga and Pilates are perfect for this time of the month.
- Sleep â€“ Whenever you are sick, the doctor advises you to sleep so that your body can recover. You can follow this advise for your PMS also. If you are suffering from PMS and are unable to get undisturbed sound sleep, take a short nap. You will wake up feeling refreshed and less cranky.
- Do what your grandma told you â€“ Grandmothers and grandaunts had an old remedy of using hot water bag for all kinds of aches and pains including cramps. Follow their advice and lie down with your hot water bag for a few minutes. You can also adopt the easier way of using a heating pad. It will save you the necessity to get up and heat water for the hot water bag.
- Medications â€“ There are a number of over-the counter medications that can help alleviate PMS symptoms. They can provide a lot of relief.Â But before you buy them, check that the FDA has approved them.
[box type=”note”]Periods do not always have to be painful and miserable times. With the above tips, you can surely find relief as numerous other women have done. But if you are still going through PMS symptoms, then consult your doctor and find relief.[/box]