Herbs and Dietary Supplements for Diabetes?
There are some herbs which have the capability for regulating blood sugar levels; they are known as hypo-glycemic herbs. These herbs naturally contain insulin and can be effective for people who have Type 2 Diabetic condition. These herbs are non toxic and effective.
- Cinnamon: Can boost the ability of insulin to metabolize glucose.
- Cayenne: Can significantly relieve nerve pain associated with diabetic neuropathy.
- Garlic: Has demonstrated blood sugar lowering action.
- Green Tea: Just two cups a day are recommended for antioxidants.
- Ginseng Tea: May improve blood sugar control.
- Kelp: Has many trace elements, chromium for one, which is important to carbohydrate metabolism.
- Onions: Studies have shown the blood sugar lowering action of onions.
- Bitter melon: Known to help regulate blood sugar levels.
If you’re just getting started with a holistic approach to managing your diabetes it’s probably best to make changes gradually (and under your doctor’s supervision) so that you wonâ€™t be overwhelmed and you will have a better chance of sticking to this new lifestyle. Remember be patient and kind with your self, while being self-disciplined. Change is difficult and consistency is key factor in improving your overall health.