Sample Meal Plan
- 1 Lemon water first thing in the morning
- 8 cups of water throughout the day
- Berry smoothie using almond, rice, or soy milk. Add protein powder or organic yogurt and a super green food powder. Add in 1 Tbsp. flaxseed oil or ground flax seed and your choice of berries.
- Â 2 egg omelette with spinach, onions and mushrooms. Replace cheese with salsa or avocado.
- 1 slice of spelt bread with almond or tahini butter (protein)
- Â Apple slices with almond butter
- Vegetable soup puree made from cauliflower and broccoli with chickpea (protein) salad on top of mix greens, chopped red onions and red peppers, olives (fiber) add hemp seeds on top of salad (protein & fat)
- Herbal green tea or ginger tea with meal
- Â Chicken (Protein) wrap with mixed vegetables on a whole wheat pita (fiber)
- Add a small bean soup (fiber & protein)
- Celery and hummus (protein) dip or handful of nuts (protein)
- Â Small handful of walnuts, almonds or Brazil nuts (protein & fat)
- Baked Salmon (protein) in Lemon pepper dressing with steamed kale, Swiss chard and Bok Choy season to taste.
- Â½ cup of quinoa (protein)
- Â Chicken souvlaki with brown rice and a Greek salad
[box type=”note”]NOTE – Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes are serious medical conditions. If you think you may be heading in that direction, please seek the counsel of your family doctor.[/box]