Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine can believed to be a powerful and exact cure to many diseases and injuries. If you think that you have a weak immune system, or have recurring pain that western medicine has been unable to treat, acupuncture may be the right fit for you. It also comes with the added advantage of have no side effects whatsoever.
Apart from providing you with a relaxing and painless way out of your medical predicament, acupuncture can also help brighten other aspects of your life and health, both physical and mental. The reason it has such a positive effect on your overall health is that it acupuncture has been refined and practiced for centuries in China, and is based on the theory that energy, called chi (say “chee”), flows through and around your body, along pathways called meridians, and acupuncturists believe that illness occurs when something has blocked or destabilized your chi. Acupuncture is a way to unblock or influence chi and help it flow back into balance.
Most people who seek treatment by acupuncture include those who suffer from
- Back pains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Dental pain
- Tenderness of muscle
- General weakness
- Mental illnesses brought on by stress
- Inflammation, and seek to reduce pain and spread
- Issues with fertility
- Osteoarthritis, ( breakdown of the cartilage that protects and cushions joints) and knee pain.
Acupuncturists and people who seek this treatment have found that apart from its Â medical applications, acupuncture can also help with:
- Reducing side effects of western/allopathic medicine. Apart from being a method of treatment on its own, acupuncture can also relieve many side effects caused by allopathy, like muscle cramps, hair loss, nausea, loss of appetite, and migraines.
- Helps improve mental clarity and reduce stress. Apart from helping sort out major mental disorders, acupuncture can also help reduce general stress that many people suffer from due to a severe workload hand a hectic life style. It also helps improve mental clarity, increase focus and concentration and reduce the want to â€˜oversleepâ€™.
- Lowering emotional instability, and increasing motivation. Acupuncture also helps with keeping tabs on your emotions, by making sure that your hormone levels and stress levels stay in check, this keeps minor depression and paranoia at bay. Acupuncture also increases your overall motivation, and your work drive, that has a very positive impact on both you work life and personal life.
- Another thing acupuncture helps with is drug addiction. Acupuncture is believed to help reduce symptoms of withdrawal as person tries to kick the habit. It may also help prevent a relapse. This claim is under professional review, but promises a good outcome.
- Lastly, acupuncture also helps relieve both monthly menstrual cramps, and labor pains. They increase the mother’s stamina, and make natural birth easier and relatively less painless. Regularly visiting your acupuncturist is thought to be good for keeping period pain at bay, and increase the overall wellness of the uterus, warding infection and complications during birth.