Today’s post is for all the coffee drinkers in the world who have been told that coffee is bad and that they should switch to green tea or health smoothies or wheat grass juice….
Over the past few years, researchers have discovered that:
- Drinking 3-4 cups of coffee per day is associated with a 25% lower risk of type 2 diabetes (compared to people who drink less than 2 cups per day)1
- With each additional cup of coffee you drink, your relative risk of developing T2D drops by 7-8 per cent2.
- Chlorogenic acid and trigonelline found in coffee causes a reduction in your your body’s glucose and insulin responses – helpful for avoiding T2D.
- Moderate coffee consumption is not associated with an increased risk ofÂ hypertension, stroke or coronary heart disease4 ,5, 6.
- Moderate coffee consumption is inversely related to your risk of heart failure
All in all, coffee looks to have some significant health benefits.
Not sure about the massive doses of sugar, cream & cigarettes that seem to go hand in hand with coffee drinking.