You love the Paleo “Diet”.
You love how eating Paleo makes you feel.
You love how eating Paleo makes you look.
You love how eating Paleo helps make your workouts more effective, helping transform you into the freakiest, fittest, strongest, fastest, bestest version of yourself.
Unfortunately…you also love sandwiches.
Greasy submarine sandwiches…messy pulled-pork sandwiches…PB&Js…even dainty little cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off.
And unfortunately…sandwiches & paleo normally DO NOT mix.
Paleo Jicama Tacos
The beauty of this Enjoy Paleo recipe isn’t the mouth-watering fillings…even though you gotta love a mixture of grass-fed ground beef, onion, cilantro, hot sauce, avocado and lime juice. But no, the real star of this taco sandwich is the jicama. It gives you that hard taco shell crunch…while letting you keep your Paleo street-cred.
- 1 lb. Grass-Feed Ground Beef
- 1 Thinly Sliced Jicama (we like 1/8â€³ slices)
- 1 White Onion
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Seasonings: salt, ground pepper, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes
Paleo Pulled Pork Burrito
Staying with the pseudo Mexican/Paleo theme, we have to thank the Humble Foodie for coming up with her recipe for Paleo Pulled Pork Burritos.
In addition to the massive amount of micronutrients in the collard green leaf, we get to enjoy the awesomeness that is slow-cooked pulled pork…drool.
- 1 large collard green leaf
- 2-4 tablespoons spicy guacamole
- 3/4 cupÂ smoky sweet pulled porkÂ or other cooked meat, hot or cold
- green bell pepper slices
Tuna Avocado Wraps
Michelle from Nom Nom Paleo came up with this recipe for Tuna Avocado Wraps…elevating the humble tuna sangweech from something your Mom stuffed into your lunchbox into something you could serve at a fancy-schmancy dinner party.
- 1 (5 oz) can of wild albacore tuna in water
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced small
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2Â butter lettuce leaves
- 2Â Pure WrapsÂ or toasted nori (optional)
Paleo Curried Ham and Egg Wrap
I tried this recipe with and without the curry powder and I have to say, I like it better without the curry powder…but then again, I am a bit of a curry snob and choose to make my own curries from scratch. Either way, it’s a quick to prepare, easy to pack and kid friendly wrap sandwich that deserves to become one of your go-to paleo sandwiches. Big thanks to Ms. Paleo for this recipe.
- 2 large (or 4 medium) cos/romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices ham
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tspn curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste