Swimming pools are a wonderful addition to any home and can provide hours of relaxation, enjoyment and exercise. Families enjoy their leisure time for long periods and due to this pools need proper maintenance to keep them safe and clean for all to enjoy. For this reason, swimming pools need regular maintenance because cost of not doing so would far exceed the cost of using services of pool cleaners.
Here are five tips to maintain the cleanliness of your swimming pool throughout the year:
1. Filtration â€“ Filtration is a simple concept and a pool filter is used for removing the dirt from swimming pool. In the absence of adequate filtration, your pool may become breeding ground of bacteria and dirt. Whether you are using pool filter that uses diatomaceous earth, sand or cartridge, it should never be neglected and maintained on schedule to keep pool water crystal water clear throughout the year.
2. Circulation â€“ Circulation is very important in case of swimming pools as without adequate circulation it won’t be possible to maintain a swimming pool that is fresh where people would want to swim. In summers, improper circulation can also lead to the appearance of green monster on the water surface. For this reason, pool cleaners recommend that you should maintain pool pump in top working condition.
3. Balanced Water â€“ Aside from proper circulation and filtration, balanced pool water chemistry is also important. A properly balanced water in swimming pool can save you thousands of dollars by avoiding various chemical expenses and pool problems. You should invest in a good testing kit and with some practice you can become expert like various professional pool cleaners. If you feel that this stuff is too technical for you, you can hire professional pool cleaners for the job of managing chemicals for you.
4. Filter Run Time â€“ Many people often neglect the duration for which pool filter should be run to achieve sufficient filtration. Though exact time will depend upon the climate and surrounding environment of the swimming pool, but in any case, without proper filtration your pool won’t look impressive. Generally, in summers it is best to increase the filtration time. Therefore, if you feel that your pool does not look good, you should increase the run time of pool filter. You can get advice on proper filter run time in your are by getting in touch with pool cleaners.
5. Cleaning the Swimming Pool â€“ This is definitely the most tedious task but is quite important for keeping your pool free of all debris. In most of the cases, it won’t take more than few minutes a week. Many swimming pools are now equipped with automatic pool cleaners that can do most of the work for you.
You should empty the pump basket, skimmer basket, pool cleaner bag and pump basket on daily basis or alternate days to avoid clogs that can stop water circulation. Aside from this, you should also make sure that all your equipment is in top working condition to ensure that they are working to their maximum efficiency. You should check the water level, skim all debris from bottom and top of your pool and also brush the walls and steps of the pool.
By following these five tips, you can ensure that your pool will keep looking great around the year. You must also remember that if you pool is happyâ€¦.you are happy!
Ivan Dimitrijevic is part-time blogger and online enthusiast.Â He contributes to many blogs including Red Baron Pool Supplies and Equipment, writing about inspirational pool design, cleaning and maintenance tips, swimming pool pumps and more.Â