December is upon us and if you didn’t venture to the malls on Black Friday, you might have some shopping to do. Why not celebrate the holidays by giving a gift that gives back in the form of good health? If your best friend has been talking about trying Zumba, or your mom wants to start exercising but she’s too busy I’ve compiled the top 10 gifts for the exercise enthusiasts in your life.
1. For the Zumba fan – Zumba classes are known for being fun, upbeat and blasting through calories. Why not give the gift of Zumba at home? This seven DVD kit includes everything they’ll need to dance away the calories when they can’t make it to the gym.
2. For the yogi – Most yoga enthusiasts already have the mat, clothes, towels, blocks, and all the accessories needed to practice their salutations. Give your favorite yogi classes in the comfort of their own home with Yoga online. The service is even compatible with iPads and iPhones for the technologically inclined.
3. For the gym rat – Ever made it to the gym online to find your water bottle is empty and the communal faucet looks less than sanitary? Fear not, CamelBak has a BPA free water bottle with a built-in filter; no more worrying about germs! Bonus: the patented no-spill valve so it won’t leak in your gym bag.
4. For the runner – With the seasons changing and the sun rising later, many runners are left to run around in the dark. Keep your favorite runner safe with some reflective gear, like Brooks Nightlife cap with reflective 3M technology. Many running stores offer a wide variety of reflective gear including bracelets, vests, and LED lights.
6. For the Crossfitter – Give the gift of gear for your Crossfit fanatic with licensed Crossfit clothing. They’ll be sure to PR in fashion with these T’s and gloves. Gloves are a great gift for anyone who lifts weights on a regular basis.
7. For the busy bee – Know someone who’s always on the go? Purchase a Fit Deck for your favorite road warrior and they’ll be able to workout anytime, anywhere with no equipment required.
8. For the outdoor adventurer – If your friends or family are always looking for a new challenge, sign them up for an adventure race that’s sure to test their skills. Options include the Warrior Dash, Urban Dare,Â and many others. Check Active.com for a thorough listing of many local races.
9. For the sport jumper – For the person who’s always trying the latest trends I’d recommend a certificate to try a new class. Many coupon sites like Groupon and Living Social offer classes like hiking yoga, Mixed Martial ArtsÂ (MMA) gyms, trapeze classes, or bike tours of the city. Sign them up for an experience they’ll never forget.
10. For the experienced athlete – Does your brother run races on a regular basis? Chances are he has a box full of medals and bibs, why not give him a place to store his accomplishments? Consider purchasing or making a race bib holder, or a bib clip so he’ll never have to deal with safety pins again.