Orthotics are very useful supports that are made to be worn inside a personâ€™s shoes and they help to provide the person with the appropriate amount of support that is needed, so it should be obvious why companies such as Formthotics are becoming busier and busier. What many people find to be so beneficial about this type of support is they work very well at correcting a wide range of different problems. They are also conveniently made available in options that can be obtained over-the-counter and in prescription form. They can also be found in a wide range of different sizes and styles.
If you have been told that orthotics support could be helpful for the discomfort and pain you have been enduring, there are a few things that you should be aware of. Below are 5 facts about these beneficial supports that every user should know.
1. They have the ability to drastically reduce and in some cases completely eliminate the pain and discomfort that is caused by a number of different problems.
2. There are several conditions that these supports can be helpful for. To list some of the most common would include pain that experienced in the heels, hips, shins, lower back, knees, ankles or toes. Other problems that they are commonly used for include treating plantar fasciitis, exaggerated arches and providing arch support. They help these problems by promoting correct posture, more stability and pronation.
3. Rigid orthotics are specifically designed to help control the footâ€™s function while a person is walking. After a mold is taken of the feet, they are placed in the shoes to help reduce the amount of pain a person is feeling in their thighs and lower back. This is achieved through the level of support that specific areas of the feet receive.
4. Semi-rigid supports help a great deal with balance and they can be especially beneficial while a person is walking or engaged in athletic activities. These types of orthotic products are commonly used in children that have problems with the positioning of their toes and they are also used by children that are flat-footed. In some cases athletes also use semi-rigid supports when competitions or training cause them a large amount of pain.
5. Soft orthotics are beneficial for relieving pressure on feel that are sore and they are great for providing a person with balance that is much better. A few of the other common conditions that often require the use of soft supports include various types of deformities of the feet, diabetes and arthritis.