Morningsâ€”not everyone is a fan. While many opt to drink a gallon of coffee just to shake off the early grogginess, one shouldn’t depend on the beverage all too often. Coffee is directly linked to dehydration, and when one is dehydrated they can feel even more tired than before. This could lead to non-productivity throughout the day. But thankfully there are other healthier (and natural) ways to jump-start your mornings. To learn 5 simple ways to perk yourself up in the morning, continue reading below.
5. Get the Proper Amount of Sleep. Let’s get the obvious one out of the way firstâ€”one of the easiest ways to wake up refreshed and energized is to get the recommended 6 to 8 hour of sleep each night.Â Not only will it be easier for you to get up in the mornings but you will also be better prepared to tackle all of the challenges that may come your way throughout the day. This is because when one endures sleep deprivation, one is more prone to suffering from irritability, memory deficit, a loss of concentration and can even experience a lack in creativity.
4. Take a Shower. Taking a cold shower is also another sure fire way to get up and moving in the mornings. This is because showering in a cooler water temperature will send your body into a “cold shock” which research shows will get your heart pumping and activate your central nervous system, ultimately giving you a jolt of energy that can last for several hours.Â If you are not too keen on showering in cold water the entire time, at least consider switching from warm water to cold water towards the end of your shower to reap similar benefits.
You can also try to sprinkle a few drops of eucalyptus oil in your shower floor.Â Traditionally eucalyptus oil is used to help awaken faint victims and most certainly will work to help those feeling lethargic.
3. Get a Massage. While studies have shown that acupuncture and massage can help revive and alert some people, unless you’re extremely rich the option of hiring a full-time masseur to give you a good back rub each and every morning is ruled out. However, you can rub certain pressure points to get your blood flowing and encourage more oxygen to the brain, which will help perk you up. For example, a good place to massage is your earsâ€”they are filled with several key pressure points.
2. Eat Breakfast and Drink Water. Like you’ve probably heard so many times before, your body is like a car and in order to get it moving it needs fuel. Eating a high protein breakfast in the morning with a side of energy boosting fruits like papaya and kiwi will most definitely help you kick-start your day. Drinking a tall glass of water with your breakfast can also aid in alertnessâ€”this is because your brain is mostly comprised of water and needs water to function properly.
1. Exercise. Lastly, while it may be difficult to do especially if you are pressed for time, try to do some simple exercises around the house in the morning. You can do some simple stretches and lunges or run in place to get your heart rate going a little bit which will give you a boost of energy. Exercising also increases endorphins (chemicals we need that help us feel happy).
Alvina Lopez is a freelance writer and blog junkie, who blogs aboutÂ accredited online degrees.Â She welcomes your comments at her email Id:Â alvina.lopez @gmail.com.